Some see things as they are and ask why?
I dream things that never were and say why not?
George Bernard Shaw
The one who knows the path is the one who has been treading it.
A Shona proverb
Meet Althea Knight
Althea has participated in group and solo shows as a visual and performance artist and has her “Art for the Soul” in private collections locally and abroad. She is an activist, educator/facilitator, and environmentalist, who designs and delivers self-care, mindfulness and meditation, mental health and wellbeing talks, walks, and workshops for youth and adults of diverse demographics. Althea worked as a trained holistic health practitioner for over a decade and this coupled with her personal experience in the curative power of art and play led to the birth of The Creative Art of Being© in 2007. Althea holds a Bachelor of Education degree, with a TESL specialization, from Concordia University, is a certified WRAP® Facilitator, certified Mindfulness Without Borders Facilitator, and holds a Nature Ambassador designation with the Toronto Regional Conservation Authority.
Althea at Work
- The Creative Art of Being© founder | facilitator
- Self-Care and Wellness facilitator | educator | speaker
- Wellness Programming design | facilitate | train
- Mindfulness & Meditation facilitator | mentor with Mindfulness Without Borders
- WRAP®(Wellness and Recovery Action Plan) facilitator
- Walk and Nature Appreciation - design | facilitate
- Pottery practice and creation